Tales of the #PirateLibrarian

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Although I have been a teacher for 18 years, I am new at being a LMS. So much to Learn! We learn in Library School how to collaborate with teachers, how to conduct basic research, what organization of information is, what web 2.0 technologies are available at the moment, and so forth.  What one doesn't learn is how to do the nuts and bolts of a school library: what to do to start the year, how to check out laptops and iPads, how to repair a book! and so much more.  I do not have the luxury of having an experienced LMS to work with me a few days to show me the ropes, so I am learning by trial.

 It's all good. I got this.  Keep calm and pretend to know what I am doing.  (Impressed with my positive self-talk yet?)  

Actually, so far it's been really good. People are friendly and helpful, and I am getting better at attaching book covers! I have weeded out old magazines (put them out for teachers to snag), and I am working on the many multiple copies of yearbooks (keeping one of each year). 

I know much of this is silly and basic, but oh so new to me! So bear with me if you are a reader. And much Thanks!

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment